WINNESHIEK COUNTY RECORDER
Mission Statement: To preserve and provide for the public a true and reliable, readily accessible, permanent account of real property and other official records and vital human events, both historic and current, and to do so with commitment, courtesy, and excellence.
Welcome: The Winneshiek County Recorder's Office contains valuable information concerning your home, family, business and recreation. The Recorder's office maintains all official real estate documents and provides retrieval and reproduction of these records for the public and businesses. Some of the official documents in our office are:
- Birth/Death/Marriage Records
- Deeds & Contracts
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Military Records
- Passport Photos
- Plats & Surveys
- State & Federal Tax Liens
- ATV/Boats/Snowmobiles - Renewals and initial registrations.
- Military Records - Retrieves Military Records for tax exemptions and benefits.
- Passports - Official Passport Acceptance Facility and Photo Services
- Real Estate - Records, Maintains, and retrieves permanent records pertaining to all commercial and residential real estate transactions. Collects auditor fee on real estate transfers and transfer taxes.
- Trade Names - Records, maintains, and retrieves trade names for sole proprietorships or co-partnerships.
- Uniform Commercial Codes - Maintains and retrieves liens for real estate.
- Vital Records - Issues marriage licenses, records, maintains and retrieves birth certificates, marriage licenses & death certificates.